Environmental Impact Assessment
The Environmental Impact Assessment is the legal-administrative procedure which accordingly determines if a plan, programme or project is environmentally viable and also establishes the conditions in which it may be executed. This procedure consists of various phases, such as the initial presentation of the Summary Report, the Preliminary Queries to diverse entities and institutions, the preparation of the Environmental Impact Study (EIS) or the participation or public information and concludes with the issuance of the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
Our services include the backup support to Developers (public or private entities) in the Environmental Strategy Assessment (ESA) procedures for the policies, plans and programmes and in the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) procedures of the projects, at all times assuring the fulfilment of the international, state and autonomous legislation.
A proper Environmental Impact Assessment is based on the expert evaluation of the natural environment’s quality. Its final objective is the environmental adaptation of the plans, Projects and Works, and is specified in the preparation of the diverse environmental documents such as the initial reports, Environmental Impact Studies (EIS), analysis and reply to the submitted allegations, among numerous other related consulting activities:
- Scope of the Water, Air and Soil Pollution (emissions, plumes, load capacity).
- Expert Advice to establish the protection, prevention, correction and compensation measures.
- Protection and Integration of Environmental values (Protected Species and Spaces ).
- Expert judicial reports and legal advice in complaints/police reports, lawsuits and legal claims.
- Site selections, alternative assessments and potential scenarios.
- Integration of the EID environmental requirements in the technical projects.
- Waste appraisal, reduction and dismantlement plans.
- Certification of the fulfilment of the environmental conditional factors.
Technical assistance is provided to Engineering and Consultant firms when they environmentally adapt their Infrastructure and Industrial Installation projects, likewise complementary specific studies are prepared which make it possible to assess and minimise their impact on the natural environment. The activities focused on environmentally integrating the projects are very diverse; they include reviewing the works calendar, the proposals for protective, corrective and compensation measures, Environmental Monitoring Plans (EMP), the study of impact conditions affecting the Natura 2000 Network, the preparation of Planimetry and Mapping, the appraisal of the environmental impacts or the description of the natural environment (Flora, Vegetation and Habitats, Fauna/Wildlife, Geology, Landscape, Historical Heritage, etc.), among others.